I am married to Robert. We’ve been married since June, 2 2007.
We adopted a son in May 2016. He was 17 months old at the time and had been with us since he was 9 days old
I love working with all preschoolers but my favorite ages to work with are the older toddlers and and the 2s.
I think that the baby and young toddlers classes are the hardest to work in!
My husband is self-employed as a carpenter/handy-man with Dailey Woodworks.
I am a Jesus follower.
I love to read.
- I like a lot of youth fiction.
- I read a lot of Christian historical fiction.
- My favorite team for children’s books is Bill Martin, Jr., John Archambault, and Ted Rand.
I like to sew. I’ve learned to use a serger, do machine embroidery, and quilt. I’m currently all about quilting and have done very little sewing otherwise.
Places I have lived: South Texas, the western tip of East Texas, Central Texas, and West Texas.
Cars I’ve driven:
- F-150, regular cab, long bed, former oil field truck
- F-150, extended can, regular bed, former oil field supervisor truck
Only job I’ve had that wasn’t childcare or otherwise working with children: Kirkland’s-where I did nearly everything-unloading the truck, setting up vignettes, pricing markdowns, clean up, cashier, customer service, pretty much everything but manage. I worked there for just over a year and generally worked 6 hours a week or less!